Millions of people around the world turn to SAGE’s journals, books and electronic products to inform their studies with the latest research findings. With offices spanning six continents, SAGE aims to be the world’s leading independent academic and professional publisher by disseminating the finest scholarship on a global scale. Join the team of talented and motivated professionals who are champions of engaged scholarship and creators of innovative and award-winning products.
SAGE has a current opening for a Claims Representative in our Thousand Oaks office.
The Claims Representative is responsible for the timely processing of all returns and other customer related issues. This includes but not limited to researching claims, auditing invoices/orders, and resolving claims within the company’s policies and procedures.
Processing of returns, reply to emails and voicemails for invoice/credit memo requests, process credit adjustments, issue credits for tax, filing, mailing of credit memos and special projects
Qualifications & Education:
- Knowledge of all business applications such as CISPUB and Epicor in order to process claims
- 1-3 years of customer service background preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite products
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Language, Reasoning, Analytical, & Mathematical Skills
- A strong customer service orientation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with customer information
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents, etc.
- Reasoning/problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with constant interruptions
- Multi-tasking ability
- Effective internal/external customer communication
- Ability to meet deadlines and work professionally under pressure
- Basic mathematical skills
- Effective decision making
- Must be adaptable to continually changing priorities
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Willing to work in a close proximity to others with a team environment
- Attention to detail
SAGE offers one of the most competitive benefits packages in the industry with PPO medical/dental/vision insurance provided at an extremely low cost to the employee; a profit sharing 401(k) plan; healthy lifestyle reimbursement, company-paid 5-year anniversary trips to London, Singapore or Delhi; employee tuition reimbursement; textbook reimbursement for employee or family members; an on-site professional development learning forum; and much more.
Qualified applicants should present their resume, cover letter and salary history for consideration to our website at http://www.sagepublications.com/careers for more information.