Prospective Postdoctoral Scholars
If you have a doctoral degree and are interested in becoming a postdoctoral scholar, please use the links below to explore how to apply for a position and available funding and fellowship programs that may assist you.
Postdoctoral Scholar Eligibility
In order to qualify for appointment as a Postdoctoral Scholar, the individual must:
- Provide evidence of completion of a doctoral degree received within the past ten years, and
- Have no more than five years of cumulative postdoctoral research experience, including postdoctoral service at other institutions.
Applying for a Postdoctoral Scholar Position
To apply for a UCLA postdoctoral scholar positions, look for available opportunities at:
UCLA Career Center
Find opportunities with Handshake, a platform that connects postdoctoral scholars with professional resources and career development opportunities. Log in and Activate your Handshake account today to:
- Connect with Employers
Make meaningful connections and build your professional network.
- Access Professional Development Events
Register for the latest professional development events, info sessions, and networking opportunities that match your interests.
- Explore Resources
Gain access to career-related resources curated specifically for postdoctoral scholars such as Versatile PhD.
- President’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- California Alliance (AGEP) Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
All correspondence regarding any potential openings, the application for any such openings, and one’s status must be directed to the faculty member(s) in question. The faculty member and the department are solely responsible for determining if there is a match with the applicant and area of interest and for facilitating the appointment in regard to space and financial resource allocations.